Joshua was recently asked to be a ring bearer in his uncle's wedding. He couldn't have cared less about the whole ordeal--during the rehearsal he ran down the isle, threw the pillow and ran away. Super. I spent the entire night at the hotel trying to think of a way to get him to walk nicely down the isle, and turn and go sit with grandma and grandpa. I finally decided that I would give all the critical people involved loads of candy to use as emergency bribery. Tootsie pops all around for the flower girl, best man and grandma and grandpa to lure him back on course if he decided to bolt. After all that worry, he did great. He walked down the isle, and sat with grandpa until I got to my seat (I was charged with fixing the bride's train before she went down the isle). Soon after I got to my seat, he crawled in my lap and fell asleep, missing the whole ceremony.
He woke up in time for the wedding dance though--this kid never misses an opportunity to bust a move in front of a lot of people. I'm not sure where he got that from, honestly.
Maybe one day he'll be an entertainer and pay for my retirement....



1 comment:
He's adorable! We were just in a wedding - well I was - not the kids thankfully! Anyway, the ring bearer was so proud he strutted down the aisle and everyone was cracking up!
Post a Comment