In the meantime, I've been trying to narrate my day outloud--everything I do. Also I've been trying to repeat words over and over again. Sometimes he gets the word right away, and sometimes he doesn't say anything but then days later it will come out sort of out of the blue. I guess every kid is different. Yesterday we had a bad thunderstorm here (again) and he kept pointing to the window and saying 'fire.' I'm not sure if I ever taught him that word--you know, repeating it over and over--so, that was encouraging to hear. I reminded him in was called thunder and he immediatly repeated "sunder." Yay! We may just have a delay here folks and hopefully that's all.
We also have been trying to work on letters and numbers--first identifying them and also writing some of them. He knew for a while how his name was spelled. He couldn't write it (like I said, six squiggles), but he could say it. Well, recently J-O-S-H-U-A has turned into J-O-S-H-9-10. Chris figures it's because 'H' kind of sounds like the number '8' and so he has to finish off his name by counting to ten. I'm going to have to make a real effort to write all this stuff down so I can tell his first girlfriend. Speaking of sharing stuff with future girlfriends, I had to post a few more "pick and choose your battles" pictures--the likes of which go with the bandaid picture in my last post.



1 comment:
Is he potty trained already too?!? Wes isn't - he'll go when I ask him to but won't tell me he has to go. and I can't let him get on the couch naked because it is his favorite place to pee - lucky us huh?
Post a Comment